Setting up the DEFAULT proxy settings for IE for all users

Thread: Setting up the DEFAULT proxy settings for IE for all users

Post Setting up the DEFAULT proxy settings for IE for all users

hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows a way of setting up the proxy settings on a Windows 2000 pro machine so that any future user that logs in will use these settings. Currently each time a new user uses the computer the proxy settings are blank.

It's on an NT4 domain.

hmmm. If you know VBScript, you could write a script and put in Netlogon folder to tweak users system every time they log on.

I'm not the networking guy in the shop, (only hardware/software) but I do know that's how we push these types of things down. (also sets default security setting to High, set's home page to our intranet, etc.) Works by changing registry settings during each logon. (So you'll have to know a bit about the registry too...)

I hope someone else can be of more help. This sounds like a fairly common thing.
    if(post.eof()){SigBox.setText("Have A Day.");}

Elbatcho

Talking

I think if you set it up as ADMIN it should hold the info.

Hi,

Try the below trick. Just copy the below lines to a text file document then save it. And then rename the extension of the saved file to .reg and merge it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings]
    "ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001
    "ProxyServer"="127.0.0.1:8088"

Before you save the the document, YOU MUST REPLACE ProxyServer VALUE BY YOUR PROXY ADDRESS AND PORT.

Let me know if this trick is worked on your computer please.