HELP!!!!!

Thread: HELP!!!!!

Post HELP!!!!!

i have a proble here is my sinario... i am working with 2 domians a user domian and resorce domian.
    anyone that is in the domain can log in to any computer on the domain... witch is ok. my problem is that i need to lock people out of one computer but at the same time let a few able to access the third party software on the pc. i have check policies and i can lock everyone out but i need some people to be able to access it. any help ?
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Question

Could you create a group, place the users you don't want to allow access to into it and then remove the log on locally right?
    It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. - David St. Hubbins

yep i could do that but it will not do anything since they are logging into a domain
    even if i were to put restictions on a group it would be local... pc needs to be part of the domain..
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

[quote]Originally posted by n8dawg:
    <strong>yep i could do that but it will not do anything since they are logging into a domain
    even if i were to put restictions on a group it would be local... pc needs to be part of the domain..</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am really new at this; also, I don't have my advanced server in front of me. In AD Users and Computers, Can you not assign only specific users the ability to login to a 2k Pro box? I know that for the user you can specify only login from these workstations...Oh well, something for me to play with tonight…

Share the third party folder and Grant rights only to the few you want to grant access to.

Comptia A+, MCP.
    "Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place."
    Judd Nelson- The Breakfast Club

"Toga, Toga, Toga !!!"