[RESOLVED] Computer freezes using IE

Thread: [RESOLVED] Computer freezes using IE

SurfsUP

Resolved [RESOLVED] Computer freezes using IE

I have this d@mn problem with my computer freezing when I'm using IE 5.5 or Netscape 6.0. It freezes at different times, sometimes in the begginning and sometimes after about a few minutes on the net. My computer is a toshiba laptop 2595xdvd with windows me. This is starting to p!ss me off and I was thinking of reformating my drive and reinstalling win me.
    I want to do a complet erase and reformating of my drive. My friend advised me to use dbug first and then reformat. I can't find dbug on the windrivers site. Does anyone know where it is?
    Thanks

shanff

i am sure your friend meant "debug" rather than dbug, it's a program that can be used to "zero out" the hard drive, effectively removing all traces of any partitions. just use a current version of fdisk to do that if you want.debug comes with any later version of dos i believe, if you want to go that route, but it requires quite a few lines of code to zero out the drive. like i said, just use fdisk.

My laptop cumputer freezes up and disables the desktop. It will not let me restore the desktop and sometimes I am able to disable the desktop. Can someone give me a good suggestion to try?

Welcome to Windrivers ladycamaro40 I have answered your other post since you give more information there.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."