Upgraded to W2k Lost mouse!

Thread: Upgraded to W2k Lost mouse!

Red face Upgraded to W2k Lost mouse!

Ok I don't know much about the MB, havent taken it apart yet, but last night I ran the W2k Compatability tool and only had one problem, with the upgrade. (sound card) so I went ahead and upgraded the system, now I have no mouse, Its listed in the device manger, but with a CODE 10, its a lgoitec mouse. When I tryrd to update drivers, from original floppy for the mouse, it was telling me that the mouse and keyboard was on the same serial port and might comflict. so I uninstalled it rebooted, (had the mouse disconnected) and W2k reinstalled the mouse drivers without the mouse being attached. this is all I know about the system right now.233CPU,64MgRam,2-3gig HD's,phillips CDRW, 50xcdrom, I'll try it find the MB model later on today. I hope that someone can give me a seggestion. I've also tryed to install a MS mouse but it keeps wanting to reinstall the logitec mouse drivers.
    Computers are like life, constantly changing, and without change we would become STAGNET

Have you looked at event viewer to see if it has logged any problems?

Presume you are logged on as and Administrator on the machine (on the network if networked)

Is you CDRW running Adaptec? If so, you got higher then 3.02 version CD creator?

Just thoughts!

Good luck