[RESOLVED] COM+ applications

Thread: [RESOLVED] COM+ applications

Six Eyed Smily

Resolved [RESOLVED] COM+ applications

when trawling through the computer management console lookin for something else (i forget what) i found these strange beasts and was perplexed. not only could i not get them to behave like a proper application, i couldnt get them to do anything at all. my curiosity was aroused but i got nowhere. i would be quite interested to know what they actually do.

------------------
    AMD Thunderbird 1.0GHz cpu, Asus A7V133 motherboard, 384Mb CAS 2 ram, two Maxtor Diamond max plus 7200rpm ATA100 20.4Gb hard drives in a RAID 0 array on promise fasttrack lite RAID 0 controller, Geforce 2MX 32 mb (clocked at 200MHz core clock, 180MHz memory clock) (in Windows 2000 drivers are cracked to enable full enstruction set of Quadro MXR).
    not trying to show off or anything stupid like that, bu just to save typing (good idea jungleman).

Lowland

COM Component Object Model. See also D (Distributed) COM

COM+ is really a .dll surrogate, and is a system by which programs work together over networks. I believe only COM work over the Internet, but am not expert.

You can view the COM applications and administer them through Component SErvices.

FRom the help file:

Using Component Services
    With Component Services, administrators can deploy and administer COM+ applications through a graphical user interface, or automate administrative tasks using a scripting or programming language. Software developers can use Component Services to visually configure routine component and application behavior, such as security and participation in transactions, and to integrate components into COM+ applications.

To open Component Services, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Component Services.

Most O/S use the object model as a method of function, that is, see various bits of programming as onjects that exist in their own right, yet can interact across common protocols with other objects. An example would be a token in security.

Helps?

------------------
    Politicians are like nappies (diapers!) - they need to be changed regularly, and for exactly the same reason.

Come visit <a href="http://www.lowlandgroup.co.uk" target="_blank">www.lowlandgroup.co.uk</a> and see what we do - jump to a Dumfries community site from us

Six Eyed Smily

yeah thanks

------------------
    AMD Thunderbird 1.0GHz cpu, Asus A7V133 motherboard, 384Mb CAS 2 ram, two Maxtor Diamond max plus 7200rpm ATA100 20.4Gb hard drives in a RAID 0 array on promise fasttrack lite RAID 0 controller, Geforce 2MX 32 mb (clocked at 200MHz core clock, 180MHz memory clock) (in Windows 2000 drivers are cracked to enable full enstruction set of Quadro MXR).
    not trying to show off or anything stupid like that, bu just to save typing (good idea jungleman).