[RESOLVED] Win2k Server IIS Frontpage Publishing Problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Win2k Server IIS Frontpage Publishing Problem

czone

Resolved [RESOLVED] Win2k Server IIS Frontpage Publishing Problem

Hey all,
    Im having a problem with my private webserver. When I go to publish a few of my websites with frontpage to the server I get a couple different error messages, hopefully someone can help..

1) Cannot rename (a file im trying to publish). Which makes publishing stop.

2) Cannot publish because "/" is marked as executable. Which makes publishing stop.

Those are the 2 error messages. Anyone know what might have gone wrong? I have tried to reinstall the frontpage extensions and that only seemed to make things worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    James

Lowland

This sounds distinctly like a permissions problem. It seems you don't have write or execute permissions as administrator.

This can happen if you are trying to write changes using a anonymous account.

Or, if you have changed NTFS permissions on the root drive or sub-folders.

Check your source folder permissions (right through the parents) and you Web server permissions, and re-check your fontpage server extensions. I know how to do all this through NT4 server, so guess on 2k it's using the mmc's too.

There are some good articles on MS knowledge base about the basic permissions you need to run IIS/Web server and Front Page extensions

Good luck!

------------------
    Politicians are like nappies (diapers!) - they need to be changed regularly, and for exactly the same reason.

Come visit <a href="http://www.lowlandgroup.co.uk" target="_blank">www.lowlandgroup.co.uk</a> and see what we do - jump to a Dumfries community site from us

czone

Ok i have searched MS knowledge base. I found a registry fix for this, but the only thing is.. I dont have these entries in my registery..
    http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q307/2/38.ASP

Does anyone else have this problem that might be able to give me some insight?

thanx
    James

Lowland

Are you using IiS or personal web server? Can you give the correct app name and version number?

------------------
    Politicians are like nappies (diapers!) - they need to be changed regularly, and for exactly the same reason.

Come visit <a href="http://www.lowlandgroup.co.uk" target="_blank">www.lowlandgroup.co.uk</a> and see what we do - jump to a Dumfries community site from us

czone

Im using IIS. Don't worry about the problem. I finally found the Frontpage Server Extensions upgrade which is great and has fixed my problem.

James

QSECOFR

One other thing...You have to be careful in the Internet Service Manager with the directory permissions, too!

------------------
    "I see dumb people....they're everywhere. They walk around like everyone else. They don't even know they're dumb"