HELP!! NT Server won't install!

Thread: HELP!! NT Server won't install!

Post HELP!! NT Server won't install!

I've found myself having to re-install NT Server on a computer with 2 SCSI HDDs, a SCSI tape drive and an IDE CD-ROM.

I'm starting the install from the boot floppies, and then doing a fresh install of NT on an unformatted 2GB partition (after deleting the existing partion with D and L). The installation goes through the file copy and at the first reboot comes up with the boot Menu ok. But after that it says detecting hardware for a few seconds, and then returns an error something like:

"Cannot start the operating system due to a hardware configuration error. Cannot find the specified boot partition."

I've tried disconnecting all devices except one hard drive and the CD-ROM drive, but still get the same error.

HELP!! This client would like his server back by tomorrow!

sounds like the ARC path in the boot.ini file may be miss directing the boot to the wrong partition
    #3 1951-2001

sounds like the ARC path in the boot.ini file may be miss directing the boot to the wrong partition
    #3 1951-2001

Hi.

Check all your hardware against the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL), which can be found on the NT CD. There is also a tool, the NT Hardware Qualifier (NTHQ), which can be extracted to a floppy and then run to query the system's hardware for compatibility - be forewarned that this can cause your system to behave in very strange ways - I have had to reset bios defaults in some cards after running this little monster. NT is very picky about what it will accept.