Win2000 and service packs

Thread: Win2000 and service packs

Question Win2000 and service packs

Do I have to reinstall Service packs with windows 2000 after every software installs like we use to in Winnt 4.0.

I read in the resource book for win200 that if you need a network install you would not have to reinstall SP's

And after hard ware installs

------------------
    James
    James

StevePorter

Question

Good question...I've always wondered too. Anyone?...

------------------
    Some computer problems require extreme solutions. Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to deep fat fry...

PC_GUY

Beware of service pack 2. i did install SP2 then everything went blank then after try to reboot several times, same thing happen. then i have to reinstall win 2k. i have no idea why it so weird. so think twice be-4 install this package.

good luck

Hi all,
    I dont think you have to re-install the service packs after a new application has been installed, if you look at control pannel, add/remove programs. you will see Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 or 2 which to me indicates that the patch installed is still in place.

My 2 cents

Hope it helps out..

Yosh

------------------
    It was like that when I got here! pig's a$$.
    It was like that when I got here!_ _ _ ___ _ _ _ pig's a$$.

Drone2903

Hi y'all;

the answer is no, or at least you should'nt have to. SP2 installs a lots of things, (Dlls) but any good installer (certified) should not install something older.
    I've installez a few thing on my on pc since sp2, and all corrections from sp2 are still there.

Then again, this is M$ soooo

DAN

------------------
    C'est la vie....

gmiller220

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by PC_GUY:
    Beware of service pack 2. i did install SP2 then everything went blank then after try to reboot several times, same thing happen. then i have to reinstall win 2k. i have no idea why it so weird. so think twice be-4 install this package.

good luck
    </font>
    You must have had a buggy install or a rouge program or something. I've installed SP2 on several computers and haven't had a problem. If anything they have run better.

------------------
    Boy, I'm tired of being right.

StevePorter

Thumbs up

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by gmiller220:
    You must have had a buggy install or a rouge program or something. I've installed SP2 on several computers and haven't had a problem. If anything they have run better.

</font>
    I agree...three computers without a hitch...

------------------
    Some computer problems require extreme solutions. Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to deep fat fry...

ganzie

i installed sp2 a couple weeks ago, actually shortly after i upgraded to win2k, then last night was prompt by the windows updater that i was missing several critical updates some dating back to over a year ago. whats up with that???!!