[RESOLVED] Removing Games

Thread: [RESOLVED] Removing Games

El Oso

Resolved [RESOLVED] Removing Games

When new systems arrive with W2K they are pre loaded including games. I want to remove them but there is no way in the ADD/Remove software. Any Suggestions?

StevePorter

Talking

Sure...you can simply delete the shortcuts that are found in Program Files | Accessories | Games. If you want a more permanant solution, you can always delete the executable files for the four games provided with W2K. When looking at the Properties for the four games, you'll see that three of the four executables are located in the System32 folder: freecell.exe, winmine.exe, and sol.exe. On my computer (upgraded from WinNT4), the fourth game, PINBALL, is located in its own folder under the Program Files folder (C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Pinball\PINBALL.EXE). I hope this helps...

Most retail games have their own uninstall programs that come with them. If you are talking about solitaire, you can click Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs then on the left hand side of the windows there will be a button that says Add/Remove Windows Components then just find Solitaire and uncheck it.

------------------
    A ship in a harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for...
    A ship in a harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for...