[RESOLVED] wk2 boot disk

Thread: [RESOLVED] wk2 boot disk

Chimera~

Wink wk2 boot disk

I'm trying to do two things to my P.c
    I just did a clean install of win200 pro
    converted my install drive NTFS during setup
    My other Drive is not NTFS and I would like to Convert it but i'm not sure on how going about this , I have read the help files on my computer and could really find and thing .
    any help there would be nice , ANd how to make a win200 boot disk would help. since win98 boot disk doesn't work .
    I need the boot disk so i can ghost my P.C but I think Since the drive i have ghost installed on is NTFS it doesn't see it or something I'M not sure on this unlike the guy below I'm not running scsi the win 98 boot disk see's my c drive but doesn't see the files on it .

To ghost the drive you don't need to see the files from a c:\> prompt. Just boot to a floppy and then run your copy program from the a: drive.

[This message has been edited by sowulo (edited January 18, 2001).]
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Comboy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chimera~:
    I'm trying to do two things to my P.c
    I just did a clean install of win200 pro
    converted my install drive NTFS during setup
    My other Drive is not NTFS and I would like to Convert it but i'm not sure on how going about this , I have read the help files on my computer and could really find and thing .
    any help there would be nice , ANd how to make a win200 boot disk would help. since win98 boot disk doesn't work .
    I need the boot disk so i can ghost my P.C but I think Since the drive i have ghost installed on is NTFS it doesn't see it or something I'M not sure on this unlike the guy below I'm not running scsi the win 98 boot disk see's my c drive but doesn't see the files on it .
    </font>
    First of all, Windows 2000 would be able to read your Windows 98 drive because Windows 2000 is able to read FAT/Fat32/NTFS. I'm not quite sure which drive you're trying to ghost, but depending on what ghost software you have, it might not work with Windows 2000, if that's the drive you're trying to ghost. It will work with 98. I'm guessing that you're trying to Ghost windows 2000...?

Lightbulb

Try http://www.bootdisk.com
    Several types of boot disk are here
    Computer Shop Owner A+ COMPTIA
    Tampa Bay Communications Inc
    http://www.smokinparts.com/smokinpartslogo

Theres a file on the 2000 disk called makeboot.exe You need 4 disks.

Also with the administrator rights you can go into the disk management console and alter your file systems.
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.

Win98 boot disk will work fine all you are doing is booting the PC and running ghost and ghost does not have to see the files on the C drive to work.
    in order to convert your other drive to NTFS just open a command prompt with start---run--cmd and type this command
    convert Drive to convert/fs:ntfs
    enter and reboot.

Chimera~

thank you all for the help , I was having problems before because when I went to use my 98 boot disk Sure it booted to the disk , but win 98 can't read NTFS which is where I have Ghost installed to , and yes i am using a ghost 2000 compatable software ,

condor

create a boot disk (dos, 9x...)
    copy ghost.exe to that floppy

you can now ghost your disk to a different disk or an NTFS partition to a image file on a FAT or FAT32 drive. (if you have a win98 boot disk)