Creative CD-ROM 32X not recognizing CRs created with my burner

Thread: Creative CD-ROM 32X not recognizing CRs created with my burner

Unhappy Creative CD-ROM 32X not recognizing CRs created with my burner

I installed a Smart & Friendly burner last year and my Creative CD-ROM drive would not read the CD's I created. I called the company and they had me change either the autoexec.bat or an *.ini file (Can't remember what exactly I did), but it caused the Creative drive to read the CDs. I had to reformat my hard drive and am having the "no reading" problem again. Smart & Friendly is out of business and I can't find my notes as to what I did. Creative was NO help at all. I have tried with the DMA setting checked AND unchecked but no luck.

I can read the CDS on my laptop and at work, just not on my Creative drive (Windows 98).

Any help would be appreciated.

Sandy

Maybe they helped you to install a CD-ROM DOS driver, but then again this is weird. This driver makes the CD-ROM unit work under DOS.

You can find a universal CD-ROM driver for DOS here:
    http://www.windrivers.com/scripts/dr...oad/uniide.exe

Hope this helps!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

I doubt a DOS driver will work..

however creative have their own IDE driver..

http://www.clok.creaf.com/creative/d...m/sbided95.exe

you can try this...

but I think it's something else..

you might need to install a UDF reader driver ...

serach for it in http://www.adaptec.com

they have a free one.

Have you checked inside your computor to see if the cd rom is still plugged into your sound card?

I would recommend not using the proprietary software that came with the burner. Instead, uninstall it, download Nero 5.5, and then install Nero instead. Make sure to get a serial number for it from a crack site though, or it's only good for 30 days. Or just go out and spend the $20.00 for it..
    Hello World

Wink

if you say you can read the cds on other drives and not on your creative, the problem shoud be the creative itself. have you tried using one of those cd lens cleaner on your creative drive?
    BE CAREFUL! do NOT use it on your cd burner

b.t.w: it is my personal opinion that creative shoud stick to makin sound cards cause most their other products SUCK i got a webcam go and its terrible, i also buyed a creative infra52x cdrom drive last week and i had to return it TWICE cause it dint work well i ended up gettin an LG 52x wich worked swell (and was cheaper)
    hope this helps
    "Dumb Is not the One who does not know, But the one that does not know AND DOES NOT ASK!"

Cool

All Smart & Friendly Drives are actually just rebadged from another major supplier.

As for the CD, what sort is it? If it was packet written with directCD? There are known issues and you may have to go to the device manager in your CD properties and set "Access pattern" to "No Read Ahead"
    Life is only as complicated as YOU make it.