ASPI Support for Win2k

Thread: ASPI Support for Win2k

Post ASPI Support for Win2k

I am trying to rip some Audio CD's into MP3 format with Xing's Audiocatalyst but when trying to select the extraction method I can only select Analogue. ASPI support is greyed out. Any ideas why this is, I thought Win2k had Aspi support built in? I was also told to enable Digital CDROM support from the hardware manager on the CDROM drive, but this didn't fix the problem, any ideas?

You will need to install the ASPI files. If you have a copy of EZ-CD, Adaptec has a great installer. Other than that, try a web search.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. "

- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

hehe easiest way is to just download the aspi layer
    www.fireburner.com

has it in there download, its the latest will run in 2000 I run it.

also I think its roxio now not adaptec, so eithyer adaptec.com or roxio.com will have the aspi layer.
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...uts/athlon.gif

Do you leak any fluids, do you have any bumps on your rear, do you have any unpleasant odors?
    If you answered yes to any of these then you are not qualified to own a new AMD ATHLON XP.
    If someone ask you if you are running the all-new fastest AMD ATHLON XP, just turn around and reply "WHY YES, AND ITS CERTIFIED"

http://www.daemonprojects.com/

I also have the necessary files on my website that I use for backup. Get the base files here.
    Then you need to get the ASPI upgrade .exe and Adaptec's ASPI checker to confirm that everything was installed properly.

You need to unzip the zip file into your system32 directory. I will only have the files in this location for a couple more days now that I have made the location public, so if you need them, get them now.

Adaptec and Roxio do not take kindly to people giving away their ASPI files. It's almost impossible to find the base files (wnaspi32.dll and winaspi.dll) on their website. These are the two files you need to have on your system in order to run their aspi updater, which weren't included in Win2K.
    Community standards do not maintain themselves: They're
    maintained by people actively applying them, visibly, in public. - Eric Raymond