Can Anyone explain this???

Thread: Can Anyone explain this???

Post Can Anyone explain this???

I trashed the AMD. Rebuilt my MP3 servr with an Abit bE6-II raid that I had in my closet. Worked perfectly immediately after assembly. I mentioned this 450 PIII I had once before. It was a retail boxed 450 PIII from Tech Data. Not a remarked ar tester chip. I had an Asus P2B's at the time and it ended up at 112 FSB x 4.5 for a clock speed of @500 MHz. It was very stable, abd I was too lazy toreset the jumpers so it stayed that way. When I took it out of that system and put it in my wifes( A BH6) it would only boot at 500. But at 5x100. It has been in the closet for a while, and that is what is now in this machine on the BE6-2. But it is completely unlocked. I seem to be able to now run it at any FSB and Mltiler combo I want. 4.5x100-great-4.5x141 great, right now 8.0 x 100. I have never seen anything like it. Has anyone else???
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Oops! Neither have I!!

Are you sure about this???
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Absolutely. Chip and board were ordered for me from the store I work at. Both came boxed retail from Tech Data. It was originally set up standard as a 450. A little while after that I saw an article on some site claiming tht there were undocumented FSB jumper settings for the P2B-S. I tied them and could not gt them to work. But I did try all the various settings the board had. I had not played around with overclocking before. At 112 FSB x 4.5 it ran very stably, and I did nto feel like climbing back into the case to change the jumpers again. So I left it. When I upgraded my system to a 850, I put that chip in my wifes system on a BH6. It wouldn't boot at 4.5x100, or at 4.5x112, only at 500MHz in the Abit bios or as user define 5.0x100. It ran that way for a long time. ThenI did a P4 for me, everything moved down the line and it got stuck in the closet. I pulled it out when my AMD experiment failed. Put it together and it booted u on my BE6-2 at 141x4.5 and ran. Not interesting in OC'ing(this is just an MP3 server), I set it to 450. Runs fine. Then I started to play. It has been running since last night at 8.0x100. Not overheating and stable as a dream. Wierd,huh?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'd be curious to know if you are actually running at that speed or is it being incorrectly reported. Without jumpers it is not so easy to determine if multiplier actually worked. Did you actually notice a great improvement in speed?
    Must not strangle users. Repeat. Must not strangle users.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Try doing a benchmark to see if its performing out of the norm
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-