[RESOLVED] Sony USB CRX100E/X and "Hotburn" software

Thread: [RESOLVED] Sony USB CRX100E/X and "Hotburn" software

UbbaNub

Angry Sony USB CRX100E/X and "Hotburn" software

Hiya there all. Just a quick inquiry. Has anyone out there had as many problems as I have had with the bundled software that comes with Sony's Spressa drives. I have been in contact with Sony support staff and they have helped me a great deal with my problem, but I cannot get the drive to do an entire burn of a CD. I am copying the CD in question to the hard drive first. I have followed all the right steps to ensure that nothing interupts the write process. I do a simulated write, to make sure that I don't destroy anymore CD-R discs. Sometimes the write process gets 5% done, and sometimes it gets to about 82% done. Then I get an error message saying the "Drive is not ready." I am sure it is not my hardware settings, I have done 2 complete installs just to make sure the hardware is configured correctly. I have heard rumors that the "Hotburn" software is seriously flawed. There are other people out there with the same apparent software horror stories as mine. I am thinking of getting Adaptec's Easy CD Creator software package. I hear it is very stable with none of the problems I am experiencing now. Just rambling. Anyone with some advice would surely help my frustration at this software package. Thanks for listening.... ATAG

I have the software and have been using it for quite some time without troubles. A couple of things are you burning disc at once, or track at once, also try degrading the write speed as I've found this necessary with a few.

Jeanne
    "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."-Albert Einstein

gooch

I can only reliably write CD's from the Hard Drive. I cant copy CD -> CD. The Hotburn stuff locks up. If I knew I could use some other burn software I'd get it but I don't know which ones will work with it.

Any ideas?

Check out some of the free software available first.
    Also on this site I'm giving you, They will answer all your questions on Burners and software. That is all they do. They also have simular Forums, like this one.

www.cdrsoft.net

[This message has been edited by Eagle PC Diagnostech (edited October 21, 1999).]
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

UbbaNub

Cool

Well folks, I gave in and returned the Sony CRX100E/X USB drive back to the retailer for a refund. There was something seriously wrong with either the drive, the software, or the USB interface. I took everyones advice and suggestions, even Sony tech support, but I just couldn't get the damn thing to work at all. I ruined enough CDR's to learn my lesson. I returned the drive for an HP 7570i internal IDE drive. The thing was flawless since installation. I have sucessfully burned 3 CD's and have made one mixed audio CD as well. The drive came with Adaptec's Easy CD Creator. This program is exceptional. Not a glitch or a hiccup. Also, the new HP drive was $300.00 cheaper than the USB Sony. I am very happy with my new device. Burn On !!!!

L8R....

ATAG