[RESOLVED] Detonator 3 drivers & Win2K Pro

Thread: [RESOLVED] Detonator 3 drivers & Win2K Pro

Darren Wilson

Post Detonator 3 drivers & Win2K Pro

Just as a matter of interest, I installed these drivers last night on one of my home systems with a Diamond V550 16Mb AGP ( Original Riva TNT)and uninstalled them after about 10 minutes. I found that when installing these drivers, the CPU utilization as constantly at 100% with nothing running in the background. No applications would open at all yet they are listed as running process's under task manager. Anyone else had this prob yet??? Go back to the Detonator 2 drivers and everytihng is fine. 0% CPU utilization and all apps run fine.

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ The Carpers Lodge - The UK's No.1 Non-Commercial / Independant Carp Angling Website

I noticed when I installed them on my Elsa Erazor X that my monitor screen would never come on. It would boot fine but when Win2000 came on it wouldn't give a display. Had to goto the older version.

Thumbs up

Sorry to disappoint everybody, but it worked fine for me. I use a Diamond v770u (TNT2ultra) with Win2K Pro SP1 with no problems whatsoever.

------------------
    A mind really is like a parachute: It's a million-to-one you'll need one in this lifetime.
    A mind really is like a parachute: It's a million-to-one you'll need one in this lifetime.

korgath

mine booted fine under win2k and 98se but i couldn't play any games. diablo II would sit there after the first resolution switch and not even bring up the blizzard logo.

everquest would lock up as soon as i entered a server in win2k and in 98se as soon as char select screen came up it would hard lock.

archangel

Smile

I just finished updating my drivers as well as service pack 1 and have no problems. Diablo II came right up.

------------------
    www.el-mono.com

Darren Wilson

I hadn't installed SP1 as my system was running sweet with 2k as it was. i don't really need the Det 3 drivers anyway as the few game sI play run fine as is. Maybe SP1 would cure it?

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ The Carpers Lodge - The UK's No.1 Non-Commercial / Independant Carp Angling Website

Doobie

Exclamation

On Diablo II, I had to re-run the video card setup that comes with Diablo II to get my TNT card to work with the newest Nvidia drivers. It works fine.

Originally posted by korgath:
    mine booted fine under win2k and 98se but i couldn't play any games. diablo II would sit there after the first resolution switch and not even bring up the blizzard logo.