[RESOLVED] Can't install win2000 on a partition!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't install win2000 on a partition!

JetBlack69

Resolved [RESOLVED] Can't install win2000 on a partition!

I wanted to do a clean re-install of Windows 2000 so I could use the ACPI. Anyhoo, I formated the drive (J . Then I booted from the CD and when it says to select the partition to install from it says that all of my drives are not Windows2000 compatible. What does that mean? I've installed it before, but this never happened. Any ideas? P.S. I've tried this with both the ACPI on and off. Thanks.

------------------
    "I've got thirteen channels of $hit on the T.V. to choose from." - Pink Floyd

MrGuy105

Try using FDISK, redo your partition completely using the primary logical dos drive partition. I believe the setting may have changed or wasnt being used correctly. Redo your partition and reformat. You shouldnt have any problems

JetBlack69

Ok, so you want me to go to fdisk and delete drive J. Then using the free space (~10gs) create a logical dos partition and reformat. Just making sure I understand. Thanks. P.s. I've posted this in 3 message boards and you are the only one to reply. I'll tell you how it goes.

------------------

JetBlack69

Well, I tried it and it still wouldn't install. However, it still likes the hard drive with my mp3s. That is drive D. Why? That is the only one it likes! I tried moving my mp3s and then it didn't like the drive. WTF?

------------------

JetBlack69

Well, I got it to work. When I tried booting from a cd, it would get the error. However, when I ran the installer from win98, it worked. The difference was when I booted from a CD, it didn't ask about a Cd Key or anything, it started loading until it wanted me to select the drive. Weird. That will teach me if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Thanks.

------------------