Outlook hangs

Thread: Outlook hangs

Post Outlook hangs

After installing, realising my mistake and then removing an SB Live card, Outlook hangs at the splash screen. Ive repaired, uninstalled, you name it, but no joy. Running XP pro, system stable and fast for 6 months until i put that bastard Live! card in.
    Help!!
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

It could have something to do with the sound card but it seems doubtfull. Did you check the device manager to make sure there was no remnant of the SBL in there. You may want to remove all the sound components and have Windows reinstall them.

I had a problem with an Aureal card once that caused my system not to boot up now that I think about it. Sound cards are strange beasts.
    I dont feel tardy...

OK. I tried everything I could think of, but gave up. The SB live was definately removed fron every possible angle. Ive now installed Office XP, and Outlook is fine again.
    But.
    Ive now ended up with the problem that made me revert back to Office 2000 in the first place.
    Outlook 2000 woud share and update the Outlook Express address book by default. Outlook XP does not. How do I get the two to talk to each other??
    This is essential to my business, as I use both e-mail clients very frequently, and need the two to communicate.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

Don't forget the registry where files get lodged as well.