[RESOLVED] GroupWise 5.2, internet connection change

Thread: [RESOLVED] GroupWise 5.2, internet connection change

Spac1

Resolved [RESOLVED] GroupWise 5.2, internet connection change

Hope someone can shed some light here. I have a Groupwise 5.2 server that is currently dialing out to an isp for mail delivery/retrieval. I've added a high speed connection with a Linux firewall and want Groupwise to use that connection rather than the dialup one. How do I change the configured IP for the domain on the server and what's involved?

If your Internet connection is using NAT to translate a public IP address to point to your GroupWise server, or if your GroupWise server has a public IP address bound to one of its interfaces, you need to have your ISP change your Mx record to point to the new IP address for your GroupWise server. Once you do that, and once you allow about 24-48 hours for DNS replication, you can then go into the GroupWise management tools in NWAdmin and stop the GroupWise server from dialing out. When you make the change, though, you need to unload all the GroupWise NLMs and reload them (you can unload the NLMs by switching to each agent screen and hitting F7, and reload all the NLMs by typing GRPWISE at the console). At this point your incoming SMTP traffic should be coming directly to your GroupWise server. Also, if you have a firewall, make sure TCP port 25 is open.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.