[RESOLVED] e-mail

Thread: [RESOLVED] e-mail

staf4

Post e-mail

running a novell 5x server and have been tasked to come up with an e-mail solution. I dont know anything about e-mail. I do know that I want users to be able to check mail from any workstation and that e-mail accounts have already been set up. Where do i begin.

Bwilsor

Groupwise 5.5 Enhanced.

MacGyver

I agree 100%. GroupWise integrates with NDS and you can do all of your administration centrally. You can also setup WebAccess so that anybody can access their mailbox anywhere in the world. All they need is a net connection and a web browser.

If you go with GW, make sure you turn off relaying or you'll turn your server into a spam conduit!

------------------
    All this technology, and I still can't download a pizza!

GroupWise RULES - the setup is fairly straightforward.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

jimmr13

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MacGyver:
    I agree 100%. GroupWise integrates with NDS and you can do all of your administration centrally. You can also setup WebAccess so that anybody can access their mailbox anywhere in the world. All they need is a net connection and a web browser.

If you go with GW, make sure you turn off relaying or you'll turn your server into a spam conduit!

</font>
    You got it! And you also need the IP address of the mail server!

------------------
    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer!

Just wanted to add my vote for GroupWise. We have several clients who use it, and aside from its integration and scalability advantages, if you use the GroupWise client front end, you are far less susceptible to viral infection through email. Some viruses that come in will infect no matter what, but those that exploit security holes found in Outlook and Outlook Express fail when trying the same trix in GroupWise (-:

I'm not advocating NOT having any antivirus, but it's nice to know you have another layer of protection.

------------------
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.