[RESOLVED] Asus 40X on a K7 Pro MSI mother board locks up when started(when cd starts up)

Thread: [RESOLVED] Asus 40X on a K7 Pro MSI mother board locks up when started(when cd starts up)

VanceX

Angry Asus 40X on a K7 Pro MSI mother board locks up when started(when cd starts up)

This is driveing me up the wall. I just got a new motherboard and new chip. Reformated the hardrive then went from there but when i use the cd it locks up. i have windows installed and everything but running a program like a game from the cd other then a install program, It locks up after about 3 minutes. I went to turn on the dma check mark on in the system properties and it worked fine but after the second reboot, It lost it and won't save. I tried eveything now and now .... i can't even select dma because it doesn't reconize it as anything other then just a standard cd drive.

LG_Goldstar

I recommend that you do not try to enable DMA. I have an LG CRD-8160B and it causes the system to freeze for a a minute or so or even reset itself when this is enabled. It generallt happens when your CD-ROM drive supports DMA but your motherboard supports U-DMA as well.