[RESOLVED] Abit KT7 Configuration

Thread: [RESOLVED] Abit KT7 Configuration

techsev

Question Abit KT7 Configuration

Building a new machine and haveing trouble setting up the motherboard it is an Abit KT7 running a t-bird 1GHZ with Kingston 256 pc133 ram. Any help on how I should set up the processor speed If I set it to 1gig it gives me a multiplier of ten. Also how should I set up the front side and PCI bus? I don't want to overclock it I want to keep it stable and within norm. settings I'm not sure how to configure the motherboard Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Just leave the multiplier at 10. At that setting you are running the AGP and PCI bus speeds at 66 and 33 respectively.

Darren Wilson

I posted a reply to this topic in the AMD forum if I remember correctly.

Please only post a request once as it confuses the issue and can actually conmfuse the poster.

My reply was that if you have good reliable memory run the chip at 100/133. If you really wanted to gice your chip a work out then check the L1 contacts on the chip. Amd have let a few of the newer 1Gz chips out with the L1 contacts intact for running at 133 FSB. If yours has the L1 contacts closed or you feel like doing it with a pencil (carefully though) then your chip should run OK at 133/133. This really should opnly be attempted for guarenteed stability on the KT7A-RAID board, although it will work on the std KT7-RAID.

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net
    The Webs Number One Resource for Today's Carp Angler.

FLAMERS

techsev

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help I have it all set up now

Thanks for the help. This topic can be closed
    Remember...COMPAQ=BAD

Closed per request.