[RESOLVED] Laptop display gone

Thread: [RESOLVED] Laptop display gone

*Mark*

Unhappy Laptop display gone

I have a Dell Latitude with a 12.1" TFT display, while using it the other day the screen got brighter and brighter, now it doesn't work at all. Is it time to replace the display? or is it something I am overlooking? Oh, the PC still works and will run fine off an external display....

caemery

try going into safe mode and modifying the advanced display properties so that the refresh is at adapter default and set the resolution to 640x480 or 800x600. If that doesn't work, probably time to try warranty replacement (if it still applies).

Sounds like your backlight might have gone out. If you hold it at an angle under bright light can you see anything? Or is it just black? If so you repair will not be that bad. If it is the actual matrix that is shot, buy a new laptop. Screens are disgustingly expensive.

*Mark*

Thanks for the responses, guys. Display properties make no difference, as even the post screen is white. The brighness setting does make a difference to the brightness of the whit (if that makes any sense). We are scratching our heads as to whether it is the display or maybe the video adapter, as I think they have two 1 for the LCD and one for the external, which works fine. Might be time to show it the trash can........