Sager notebooks

Thread: Sager notebooks

Question Sager notebooks

Anybody no anything about Sager Notebooks? Good, bad, or anything?
    A+ MCSE CCNA

drivers

Smile

To: jmlozan

I have a Sager 5100c series notebook with 64mb of RAM, a 6xDVD-ROM drive, and a 6gb hard disk.

12.1 TFT Active Matrix Screen is small, but bright. The keyboard is well laid out for it's size, especially the shift keys.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the pcmcia card modem Sager sent with the package, however...doesn't seem to want to work with my release of GNU/Linux Mandrake 7.1 at all. Must be a win modem (ugh!).

If you wanna chat me up, you can find me at /server irc.dal.net #StoneHearthFireplace on IRC or <[email protected]> OR <[email protected]>.

I like my sager box...I think they're a good machine and a good value for the money, depending on which model you buy. Speakers are a bit tinny on the 5100c, but I use headphones and that solves the problem.

Best regards,
    Stephen

drivers

Exclamation

My emails somehow got nixxed.

I'm at [email protected] or [email protected].

--Stephen

drivers

Exclamation

My emails somehow got nixxed.

I'm at [email protected] or [email protected].

--Stephen

bruce24

I've own two of them (before my current Compaq). Never had any problems with them. The only complaint was that the case on each of them was a bit thin. You could bend the plastic pretty easy. Functionally, I liked them both. In fact I am looking to sell my Compaq (its a K62-350) and get one with more horsepower. I am looking at Sager's 3350 very closely.

Bruce Tyler
    [email protected]