[RESOLVED] Removing a PCMCIA Ethernet Card

Thread: [RESOLVED] Removing a PCMCIA Ethernet Card

KingPawel

Post Removing a PCMCIA Ethernet Card

I am trying to remove a PCMCIA Ethernet Card. At first, I tried disabling it in the device manager and after it made me restart, it enabled itself again. So, the only thing that I can think of now would be to remove it, but, I have no idea how, I don't see a latch or anything like that that I could press or pull on. I know that each card is different and all, but could it be in the computer itself that I have to do so it comes out. Help

------------------
    I'm out like a dyslexic in a spelling bee

MacGyver

There should be an eject button either directly to the side of the slot, or on the bottom of the Laptop. There might be a small button that you need to flip out so you can push it in (and eject the card)

------------------
    All this technology, and I still can't download a pizza!

Look for a small plastic lever / button next to the card - press it in and the card will eject (if it is a lever - you will need to swing it out then press in)

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

jrwilson

technically you need to stop the card services first via the pcmcia utlity in the control panel

------------------
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

KingPawel

thanks a lot you guys...I will check later today....(first time I'm working with laptops)

------------------

ibennetch

As jrwilson said you have to disable the services, not remove it from the device manager. In control panels go to PC Card; find the card listed and click on Stop. After a second or two a message box will tell you it's okay to remove it, the follow what everyone else said about the lever.

CREEPINGDEATH

sometimes you have to take off the keyboard to get to the innards of the damn thing.

------------------
    " I ATE A BABY !! " -Fat Bastard.

KingPawel

yup, it worked, I stopped it in the control panel, then remove it, took me a minute to figure out how to phycically remove it, but it's all good now. thanks again

------------------