[RESOLVED] Umax Actionbook 530CT

Thread: [RESOLVED] Umax Actionbook 530CT

Joker1

Post Umax Actionbook 530CT

Lately the screen has been flaking out. Based on where the screen is positioned parts of the display will blank out. Specifically either the top 1/5th of the screen goes blank or the bottom 4/5ths if adjusted just right i can still get the whole thing to work. Does anyone have an idea of what this problem may be caused by specifically and what it would take to repair?

DesertEagle

One of the ribbon cables for the screen isn't seated properly or may be broken. I used to see this all the time with IBM laptops. Basically, you need to open it up and make sure everything is seated properly in both the bas and the display halves

------------------
    "COMPAQ - We Put the Sorry in PreSARIo"

Joker1

Cool

That's what i wanted to hear!

It's actually my gf's laptop and she wouldnt let me take it apart but now she has no choice.

------------------
    Warning: Customer id10T rate exceeding safe thresholds!

BE VERY CAREFUL - those ribon cables are VERY delecate - and impossible to replace. Make sure to check both ends of the cable - also look for wear - it is a sign that the cable will need replacing - GOOD LUCK - I have yet to be able to find those cables.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Joker1

Already done, The wires looked pretty worn out, i adjusted them a little so their seated better and the problem seems to have been substantially reduced.

Anyone else notice how easy it is to loose laptop screws?

------------------
    Warning: Customer id10T rate exceeding safe thresholds!