[RESOLVED] toshiba tecra 780dvd/win2000

Thread: [RESOLVED] toshiba tecra 780dvd/win2000

richard91666666

Angry toshiba tecra 780dvd/win2000

I just upgraded my tecra 780dvd to windows 2000 and the macrovision on the dvd player says that its not configured to play region 1 dvds. even though i have the region selector, i change the region to region 1 from the region 2(standard region) and try to a play a dvd - i either get error render file on the toshiba dvd software or macrovision not configured on pcfriendly. Can someone help i am desparately cos i got about 50 dvds to play on it.

When I try to play a DVD, the windows 2000 CD player keeps popping up with the message
    ‘Analog copy protection violation. Windows cannot play this copy protected disk because it cannot verify that the video outputs on your DVD and/or VGA cards support copy protection.
    Possible causes:
    (1) One of the drivers (DVD or VGA) does not fully support the adapter’s capabilities, in which case installing an updated driver may help

(2) The hardware does not support copy protection. You may be able to get around the problem by unplugging any cables connected to the video outputs on your computer. Otherwise please contact your system manufacturer..’

When i try to play dvds on pcfriendly it say that my computer isn't macrovision configured.

do not use pcfriendly software, use the dvd software that is provided by toshiba. It may be on the recovery cd in a utility folder. look for it, install it, and pray that it works under win2k

------------------
    Who's cruel joke was it to put the letter "S" in the word LISP??