[RESOLVED] Screen Problem with Lifebook

Thread: [RESOLVED] Screen Problem with Lifebook

TVR

Unhappy Screen Problem with Lifebook

I have a multi coloured lined screen on a Fujitsu Lifebook C-series 4135, running w98se/W2000 dual boot.
    The thing was OK until it hung on close down, now all I get is this unusable screen, works ok with an external monitor until it finally boots into the W98 desktop, when all goes black. Works ok with 2000 on external monitor throughout. Not getting any error messages, the coloured screen starts right from the beginning, tried all I can think of in the BIOS, screen works ok in another Lifebook. What do you reckon, make it a desktop?
    Any ideas much appreciated.

Rudders

Lightbulb

Try booting into safe mode, does the screen work then??
    If so, change the resolution/colour depth to a lower one and reboot. You may have inadvertantly selected a combination of res/colour that your screens cannot handle!

Mike

------------------
    Look for the latest weather at www.metoffice.gov.uk

TVR

Thanks Mike, but this problem starts pre os and I've tried changing graphics settings with no result.

I just saw a similar problem on a DELL the other day, and it was definitely a hardware issue. DELL had to send someone out to fix the unit.

If it is under warranty, take it back.... if not, you may have limited options....

Plug a regular monitor into the laptop, and if the line is on the monitor too, it more than likely is your video card.... if not, problem could be in the screen, the wiring??!?

------------------
    Say what?
    I was here, here I was, was I here? I hope I was....