[RESOLVED] What do I get next?

Thread: [RESOLVED] What do I get next?

captpackrat

Cool What do I get next?

O.K., I've got an HP Pavillion N5270. I've upped the RAM as high as it will go (256M), ripped out ME and installed 2000 Pro, bought the docking station, an external numeric keypad, a Logitech iFeel mouse, a surge protector, a self-retracting modem cord and a self-retracting ethernet cable, a USB keyboard light, a Compact Flash to PCMCIA adapter, and a Wireless Web Card.

What should I get next? Any suggestions?

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

MacGyver

If you were in MY shoes, the answer would be: a car.

------------------
    All this technology, and I still can't download a pizza!

jrwilson

something nice to carry it all in=)

------------------
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

A life outside computers - It sounds liek you have taken that laptop about as far as it ill go - so I'll tell you what I will do for you - I have several underpowered laptops here in need of an upgrade - so you ship me your laptop maxed out, I swap it for one of mine and you can start your whole process all over again and have fun - everyone happy!

Seriously - you may wich to upgrade the hard drive - 20 gig would not be too unreasonable.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Macgyver_111

dvd, cd-rw, Huge hdd, And perhaps an insurance policy...

[This message has been edited by Macgyver_111 (edited March 13, 2001).]

captpackrat

Question

It came with a 20G drive and a DVD-ROM.

Would a Zip drive be worth it? I saw they have one that's powered off the USB port now.

Does anyone make a super small CD-RW drive? Preferably one that can run just off the USB bus power?

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

[This message has been edited by captpackrat (edited March 13, 2001).]

jrwilson

zip drives, in my opinion, are only good for transfering from site to site...do you have another zip drive in one of your systems?

------------------
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

DesertEagle

I just ordered a small CDRW from www.ConnectGlobally.com. It is the model CGCDRWMINI and it is $299.00. It is USB but, it also comes with a PCCARD so you can run it from your laptop slot instead. It is 24x read, 8 x write and it is small enoug it is going to replace the CDROM I had with it. Then you need the Auto air adapter and the wireless card so you can surf the web anywhere. BTW, I don't have any affiliation with Connect Globally Inc.

------------------
    "Don't Believe the Hype !!"
    Public Enemy

Jpbtennisman

Get something FireWire/i.LINK...like one of those 80 gig Maxtor 1394 drives. I have one of those, and while it requires an external power source, I love it anyway.