AMS Tech Video Driver

Thread: AMS Tech Video Driver

Post AMS Tech Video Driver

PLEASE HELP!!!
    I am in need of the proper video driver for an AMS Tech Rodeo Laptop model 5020 with a 14.1" display.
    Does anyone know where I can find this?
    Your help is much appriciated!

Thanks!
    Dragster

This is all I found: http://www.orphanlaptops.com/list.htm

The following is a quote from the above website:

"Cross-reference list for various AMS Tech laptops

This is an updated reprint of the last information AMS Tech posted up on their web site just before they went off line and closed their doors. I missed the notice and didn't download the drivers and BIOS files before they closed.

Due to unexpected circumstances, we regret to inform you that AMS Tech will be unable to service the AMS Tech Product you purchased. To help you find a solution to problems with the system we have listed the companies that may be able to service your product:

Since your AMS Tech product was originally manufactured by one of the following listed OEM manufacturers, there should be no problem for you to obtain service from them.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and thank you for your understanding in this matter."
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

melmo

that should be using a NeoMagic Video chipset
    NeoMagic Driver listing

gsearle

Thumbs up

Sorry I didn't see this question earlier...

AMS Tech laptops are rebranded Twinhead laptop machines. Go to http://www.twinhead.com/MAR/history.htm and find your particular model (the pictures help.) My AMS Tech 5030ECX is really a Twinhead Slimnote XL, for instance.

The video circuit in my system is a customized Trident Video Accelerator 3D Cyber9397. A generic Trident driver for this card works. If you can identify the chipset in your laptop, then you should be able to get a good driver. It may not support all of the features built-in to your system (such as NTSC out), but it's better than VGA!