[RESOLVED] Compusa Laptop Overclock?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Compusa Laptop Overclock?

67 Pontiac

Lightbulb Compusa Laptop Overclock?

Hey Guys,

Any Compusa techs out there? I have a 300Mhz Celeron A in a Compusa Amerinote AN. After finding out my processor is soldered to my MB, I am trying to find a way to extend the useful life of my laptop. I have opened the case in hopes of finding a way to increase the FSB to 83 or 100Mhz. I did find two sets of jumper blocks under the keyboard but I didn't find any clue as to which does what. This board supposedly uses the BX chipset which supports up to 100Mhz. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx, John

Please be aware that the biggest problem with laptops is power consumption. The more power put through a laptop the hotter it gets, by overclocking you affect the voltage in and change the ammount of heat generated by the laptop - lowering your battery time and increasing the likelyhood that that processor will survive. Please don't. It's a laptop, not a desktop - if it is not fast enough then re-evaluate what you need it for - maybe you should use a desktop, or selling it and upgrading might be the best bet, either way you open a whole can of worms asking to overclock.

Whatever your decision, good luck and remember that Internet advice comes with no warranty expressed or implied and if you take the advice of someone on any message board and their advice causes adverse and unreperable damage you have no recourse whatsoever.

Good Luck.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

DesertEagle

I'm a CompUSA tech but I won't help ya cause overclocking a laptop = Easy Bake Oven. Let it go and get a new laptop. There is ALOT more to go wrong in a laptop then a desktop in some ways.