[RESOLVED] IBM 760XD problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] IBM 760XD problem

ArtemK

Unhappy IBM 760XD problem

Got one of the IBM ThinkPad 760 XD's. Starts up, starting loading Windows, turns off in the middle of loading it. Reports an error code 19h on indicators. The only way to restart it then is either to reset it with the button at the back or pull the battery out. The question is : what is going on with it and is there a way to fix it?

I took a look at IBM's site, nothing specific about that error code. Couple of things to try- remove all pcmcia cards and any memory upgrade modules installed in unit. try booting to safe mode-if it goes, maybe a driver issue. Also may just be a faulty system board.

hope this helps

ArtemK

Unhappy

Even tried to remove battery and CD ROM - same thing. It does work in kind of BIOS thing, but as soon as I try to start Windows, Windows Safe Mode, MS DOS mode even with if I have Windows Start Up menu - it shuts of in about 20 seconds.

have you scanned it for viruses? when you say it does the same thing when booting to dos, is this from a dos disk, or just selective startup? If it is just selective startup, try booting from a dos disk and run scandisk or virus scanner on it.