hp laptop problems

Thread: hp laptop problems

Angry hp laptop problems

i have the hp pavilion N3250 it comes with a diagnostic program installed on it when i run the diag program at when i first boot up every thing passes if it stays on for a couple hours i start getting things that fail such as sytem timer the real time clock also i have seen the usb controler fail and the cmos is validity failed as well i have sent it in for repairs nad the errors still show up after it has been of for a couple hours i have talked to some freinds that think it is just the diagnostic program that is messed up

also i have notice when the bottome of the laptop is almost to hot to touch it is when it fails some times it cools down a little then it passes the test

the main reason y i run diag on it is that i have problems w/ it locking up on me and that after it runs for a while u can smell the parts geting hot can't pelive i haven't seen a majic smoke roll out of it yet
    How do I set my laser printer to "stun"?
    I can't back up my hard drive, there's no reverse button.

Exclamation

Have you been to HP's website for your Pavilion Notebook?

There is a BIOS update as well as an update for your diagnostic software...also, a battery utility that checks for proper charging, etc.

As for it getting so hot, is it hot under the disk drive or the battery? If it is under the disk drive, it might be getting ready to go bad. Try to run ScanDisk or something similar against it to have confidence in it.

Let us know how it goes...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

well don its been back to hp about 5 times or more for work on it and every time the update it with the latest patches such as bios and diag also this is its second laptop the first one was clacking so i had them replace it also the floppy has been replaced as well

where it is the hotest is under the memory the cover plate on the inside of it is completly black was silver that and there is another spot that gets hot too its under the floppy drive which i would gess it is also under the processor

Red face

Bummer...sorry to hear that. Usually HP is good about getting things fixed...especially after 5 times or more. I don't suppose it is still under warranty is it? If so, try to talk to the supervisor and tell them you keep getting a lemon. They just might reimburse your money towards a different model. I must admit I don't know anything about their Notebooks.

Again, Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

well after sending it in 4 times in one year then send it back to them under a extended 90 days warrenty(careover from last repare) which is what it was under last time i sent it in then the person told me that if it was under a year warenty that it would be a lemon so i guess its off to the phone calling again with hp i buy so many of there products and i also sell them at my job as well

Might just be my luck with HP's , but I've sent a few of that model back because of processor fan problems. The fan either worked when it felt like it, or not at all.

Definately sounds like a bad cooling fan - can you check if it ever comes on?
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

well the one i can see comes on but i don't know if it is getting back that far to the cpu

Have u tried using a software CPU cooling program, could perhaps take a few degrees off?
    Why oh why, didnt i take the blue pill!

no i haven't tried that on it yet