[RESOLVED] Tosh 4600c

Thread: [RESOLVED] Tosh 4600c

Jason Taylor

Post Tosh 4600c

I have a Tosh 4600c laptop and the bios password is enabled does eny one know how to disable it the computer wont boot into dos cos of the password and i cant even enter the bios ive tride removing both internal batteries and have left then out for a week but the password is still there any ideas?

you need to boot the unit up with a special parallel port loopback to bypass the password. then you can disable it by holding esc when turing the unit on, which will take you into the bios. I will look around for the schematics on monday at work and post them again since the last post I put them up in has dissappeard after the UBB upgrade

ok...here is the pinout for creating a parallel loopback that will bypass the password on the notebook. You must have this loopback on the parallel port before powering on the machine. hold down esc while booting to get to the cmos settings where you can then disable the passwords.

pin 2-32
    pin 1-13
    pin 31-10
    pin 36-11
    pin 14-12

Just make some jumpers from spare wire (or wire type garbage bag ties) and stick them into the properholes. Worked for me
    "What happened to coffee flavored coffee?"