Margi DVD to go

Thread: Margi DVD to go

Post Margi DVD to go

i have a Dell Inspiron 3500 with a DVD player and the above mentioned Margi PCMCIA card.
    Up until a week ago i could plug in the cable and output the sound and video to my TV.Then it just stopped all i got was sound, though it still worked through the laptop itself (N.B i have checked the inputs on the TV). I have downloaded just about every Driver i could find and have tried them all and none of them improve things.
    Has anybody come across this problem before and if so do you know any fixes. Thank You

Have you tried the cables?? Replacing them? Made sure any of the pins or connectors aren't bent?

By the way, I was just posting earlier about getting a card like this. How does it play on your laptop? Jerky? Smooth? Pixilated? Artifacing? Please review it for me, as I would like to get it and would welcome imput before I lay down cash!

Currently my laptop is a Compaq Armada PII300, 128 mb ram, S3Virge/MX, ESS sound and a 2x DVD-Rom.

Thank!!
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

I am actually looking at getting a DVD and a Hardware card as well, and I have a few questions? What is the CPU utilization and what are your specs, and does the card handle the decompression for locally viewed movies as well, or just those sent out it's own cable?
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010