[RESOLVED] Picturebook display resolution problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Picturebook display resolution problem

argobod

Unhappy Picturebook display resolution problem

My Sony PictureBook C1XS uses a NeoMagic MagicMedia256AV adapter, and it no longer lets me change the resolution. The complaint I get is "The display control panel is unable to change the display settings. Please check your display hardware in device manager.". I run Win98 (4.10.2222A), and the Device Manager tells me everything's fine. Anyone have any ideas?

playforfun

Since it was working fine till you updated the drivers I would run scanreg /restore & put the registry back to the day before you changed the driver. Do this from the dos prompt & it should restore your docking configurations like they were.

argobod

Unhappy

Nice to know that you can do that, but it didn't work for me. I suppose it's because I had uninstalled and re-installed the drivers. Any other ideas?

argobod

Cool

For posterity, the solution appears to have been to reset to VGA mode (uninstall all video drivers) and then re-install the drivers when Win98 boots and detects the hardware. I was sure I'd gone through that process a couple of times, but it finally worked. Perhaps the other monitor had to be plugged in for it to work.

DesertEagle

Make sure you don't have Microsoft Net Meeting running. IT will keep you from changing the resolution. What is has to do with the graphics driver, I will never know but soon as you disable it , you can change the resolution

------------------
    "Congress, the opposite of Progress"
    Gallagher

argobod

Talking

Wow! You hit the nail on the head with that one! My problem had just mysteriously reappeared, and I was back at Sony, getting no support.

I'd activated NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing. Just deactivated it and problem is gone. Thanks!!