Laptop Mouse

Thread: Laptop Mouse

Question Laptop Mouse

I have a IBM Thinkpad and the mouse in the middle of the keyboard (not touchpad the other one) keeps freezing after a couple of hours. When I use a serial mouse it works fine for hours and hours. What could be the problem?
    To each his/her own.

Komok

Cool

Anything

------------------
    A person who argues must be completely sure in himself. A thinking person would never be completely sure in anything. That's why two thinking persons would never argue; share their points of view they will

eminem41269

it could be a heat issue..depends on what you have and everything....
    i say get professional advice!! or just use your serial mouse

techsev

We had that problem with bunch of our IBM's we found that only happened when it was sitting idle for long periods. We reset our settings under power management so that our hard drives never turned off and haven't had a problem since. This worked for both old and new laptops. Hope this helps it did for us after about 3 months of troubleshooting haven't had a problem for 6 months now with any of the machines

bbtech6650

it is true. power management settings tend to, if set up incorrectly, give many problems to users.

Who Me

Had the same on an old Compac. Power management cured it.

On a personal note, I don't like those little nipple things anyway, something to get your hands on is much better!

------------------
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by
    reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of
    them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.