PalmV

Thread: PalmV

Post PalmV

Hi all,
    I have a PalmV which I need to transfer to a new user. I want to reset it so it is back to the factory settings. I have tried the reset pin on the back, but I keep coming across the previous owners info, addresses and such.
    Can anyone tell me how to do this please.

Regards.
    Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up.

DOH!!
    It's OK, I found it. If anyone is interested.....
    To perform a hard reset:

Hold down the power button on the front panel of the handheld.

While holding down the power button, use the reset tip tool (or similar object without a sharp tip), to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your handheld.

Release the reset button.

When the logo screen appears on the screen, release the green power button.

When the message appears on the handheld screen warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your handheld, do one of the following:

Press the upper half of the scroll button on the front panel of the handheld to complete the hard reset and display the Digitizer screen.
    Pressing any other button will perform a soft reset.
    Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up.

DOH!!
    It's OK, I found it. If anyone is interested.....
    To perform a hard reset:

Hold down the power button on the front panel of the handheld.

While holding down the power button, use the reset tip tool (or similar object without a sharp tip), to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your handheld.

Release the reset button.

When the logo screen appears on the screen, release the green power button.

When the message appears on the handheld screen warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your handheld, do one of the following:

Press the upper half of the scroll button on the front panel of the handheld to complete the hard reset and display the Digitizer screen.
    Pressing any other button will perform a soft reset.