[RESOLVED] laptop recovery cd

Thread: [RESOLVED] laptop recovery cd

shoe68

Post laptop recovery cd

I bought a used laptop and it had a reformated hard drive. I don't have the recovery cd that is needed to reload windows. HP won't send me a recovery CD without certificate. Any Ideas of how i can restore windows. The cd rom is recognized when I put a windows startup disk in but setup will not load windows. The note book is an HP Omnibook xe/da. Any help would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by shoe68 (edited February 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by shoe68 (edited February 05, 2001).]

bbtech6650

Ok. What you might have to do is to buy a full $149 version of your OS and install it.

Or take it to a shop like Best Buy, they'll send it out to their main shop where they have alot of recovery cds, one of which would probably restore your PC. Might be a little costly though.

you could check out...

http://www.ashservices.com

I know they hold a large number of recovery/restore kits

Barney

Hmm..............no address,no phone number,only email contact,payment through PayPal.......Doesnt look like a good bet somehow.

thats what i thought at first, but i ordered a packard bell cd for my xtreme and when i got it, it didnt work.. I then contacted them by email who then explained to me that replacing the hard drive, i would need to tattoo it.

They sent me a matrix and settings for my model and gave me instructions on how to do it and bingo, great stuff saved me a few pounds.

Must admit they do give you aftercare if you need it.

Barney

And if you get nothing in the post just whom would you take to the small claims court?
    Like I said any good buisness is not afraid to advertise names and addresses wereas shysters tend to do as that to which you link.
    After all it costs little to nothing to bang up a fancy website but money to open an actual buinsness premises.