[RESOLVED] Yamaha driver for Vaio PCG-F450?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Yamaha driver for Vaio PCG-F450?

hazmat

Post Yamaha driver for Vaio PCG-F450?

Someone at work has this Vaio and I had to wipe the drive and reinstall Win98. From this experience I have learned never to buy a Sony computer. I don't have the original CDs that came with it, so I am now screwed. Sony has NOTHING to download from their site, and it was like a scavenger hunt to find all the drivers. How people are supposed to get the latest drivers is beyond me. Video I finally worked out, but sound I cannot. I believe it is the Yamaha DS-GX/YMF744B. That's all I know, and anything from the Yamaha site doesn't seem to work. Whatever I seem to pick shows up in Device Manager with an exclamation, and the PCI device and two others show up as Unknown Devices. Anyone have these drivers or know where I can get the proper ones?
    Thanks.

-Ken

Exclamation

Originally posted by s14b23:
    Someone at work has this Vaio and I had to wipe the drive and reinstall Win98. From this experience I have learned never to buy a Sony computer. I don't have the original CDs that came with it, so I am now screwed. Sony has NOTHING to download from their site, and it was like a scavenger hunt to find all the drivers. How people are supposed to get the latest drivers is beyond me. Video I finally worked out, but sound I cannot. I believe it is the Yamaha DS-GX/YMF744B. That's all I know, and anything from the Yamaha site doesn't seem to work. Whatever I seem to pick shows up in Device Manager with an exclamation, and the PCI device and two others show up as Unknown Devices. Anyone have these drivers or know where I can get the proper ones?
    Thanks.

-Ken

sorry mate, but it is the best matching driver!
    http://www.drdriver.com/drivers/search-18-5-3.html

Thanks for your post!