[RESOLVED] can i use win98se/me on my fujitsu laptop

Thread: [RESOLVED] can i use win98se/me on my fujitsu laptop

jc

Question can i use win98se/me on my fujitsu laptop

I have a Fujitsu 990tx2 Laptop .can anybody tell me waht OS i can use as i wan't to upgrade to 98 .and if i need a bios upgrade .i can't see any info on the Fuji website .

Preferably i would like a dual os with Linux but i don't know how to do this .
    can anybody help.......

CREEPINGDEATH

Hey, you from Bristol? PA? cause I work in Levittown .......but anyway I'm not very familiar with this laptop so if you can give me more info on it i may be able to help.

------------------
    What Me Worry?

jc

Talking

Its a Fujitsu 990tx2
    288Mb memory
    PII 266 built in CD & Fdd 13.3 screen 6.4Gb HDD.
    At the moment i am running Win ME but its not very stable and keeps crashing or running slow .which is why I thought a bios upgrade may work .I have a 10Gb hdd that i want to put in so i want to get it right first time .
    This help!!!!

sebass54

I don't see a problem with loading W98SE on this laptop...personally I try to stay away from Me.

Biggest thing to make sure with 98 is that you have at least 24MB of RAM. 24MB RAMis the min. and there is actually a KB article that talks about the type of errors less RAM will cause...

------------------
    "then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way..."

jc

Wink

where can i get the latest drivers for 98se as Fujitsu don't have them on their site .

By the way Creepingdeath its Bristol UK not US

lycia69

I have a Compaq Armada 7800. It's a PII 350, 128 megs of ram and a 8 gig harddrive. I am currently running winME with no problems> I never get crashes, of course now I will

Windows 98se should contain the drivers for that series laptop. If you go to the Fujitsu website and can find the manual - look for what the manufacturer and make is of any devices that 98 cannot find and you can do a search for them on the manufacturers website.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

To dual boot Linux. Leave plenty of space on the drive unpartitioned - Linux will need this. Linux comes in MANY MANY flavors - try www.breakwindows.com, www.slashdot.org, www.linux.org and www.tucows.com for info and to download a distribution (for which you will need a cd-r.) Run the Linux install and select either LILO boot loader, or create a boot floppy.

------------------

Also keep in mind that if you are new to Linux (as I am) I had good luck with SUSE, the retail version is like 40 bucks and has two manuals withit that walk you through install.

Excellent Idea.

------------------

Jpbtennisman

Don't downgrade, upgrade to Windows 2000. I have it and love it. It never crashes, although I have had to download sound card drivers for each of the 5 different model computers I have installed it on, but that takes, what, 10 minutes?

If you have Windows 2000/Linux dual boot (I know nothing about Linux) you'll really be happy.

alan brooksbank

where did linux cum in this thread? ....im using a tosh (cell) 300 with 64m on me ....i find that me finds 99% of the drivers u need the only driver i needed for this was the vidio card .....no probs as it was usable in 16 col until i downloaded it

us lads from the uk ...should stick together PNE for the cup ......ok

jc

Smile

Thanks for your help guys .
    Linux was brought up because i'm interested in a dual boot system .

3fingersalute

Originally posted by alan brooksbank:
    where did linux cum in this thread
    Uhhh, hello!....on the original question:

Originally posted by jc:

Preferably i would like a dual os with Linux but i don't know how to do this .
    can anybody help.......