PDA with a bigger Display??

Thread: PDA with a bigger Display??

Question PDA with a bigger Display??

I'm trying to find, for a buddy of mine with bad eyes, a Palm style device, running either a Palm style OS, or CE with a screen larger than a Palm Pilot, BUT I'm not looking for a Jornada size (or price, heh!) or Cross Pad size. Does such a thing exist? a Palm sized (or slightly larger) with more display area? Or am I on the elusive snipe hunt here?
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

The Palm OS is based on a specific screen size (160x160 I believe) so you're not going to find a larger screen than what's already out there. People want things that are small and easy to carry. Larger screens (especially colour LCD) are always going to cost more. Typically anything bigger than a Jornada is going to be a tablet PC like the Qbe, based on Win9x/2k, that costs in the thousands of dollars.

Stay away from the new Palm M1xx series since those units utilize a significantly smaller screen than the III series or the M5xx series. (with the same number of pixels, however)

No, you are not going to find a larger Palm based device. As our resident Zen (works) master said - the devices were designed with ergonomics of design in mind and a device with a larger screen requires: more power, larger space (does not fit easily in the palm) and a redesign of a GUI to support the newer size.

If you want a larger screen - go with a CE device and be prepared to pay for it. - or get a Nino 500 (color and larger screen) for about $200.00
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Would a Clio be too big? It's about the size of a notebook, but super thin and lightweight. Batteries last longer, too. And it boots almost instantly. And it has a keyboard. It's basically a cross between a laptop and a PDA.