[RESOLVED] Crazy volume control?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Crazy volume control?

captpackrat

Question Crazy volume control?

My new HP laptop has volume controls on the front that are supposed to increase/decrease the master volume.

But whenever I open ANY program that has its own volume control (RealPlayer, etc.), Windows automatically resets the master volume control to the center. Which is usually WAY too loud.

Any idea why this is happening? It's getting quite annoying, especially when I'm using headphones.

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

Sebring

I've noticed this myself and it's usually the program you've opened that takes control of the volume. I've also noticed that if you leave the master volume in the center and the set the volume control for each individual program down to a comfortable level they will retain those settings. Another option is to buy a set of these cool headphones I have Made by Labtech (model C-324). They have good quality sound, a spinup microphone on the right side and there is also an in-line volume control for the headphones as well as a switch to kill the mic if need be. They also have extended cabling. I sound like a Labtech salesman or what?

------------------
    HEY! Who ate my cat?

captpackrat

I went out and bought a new pair of headphones with a volume control from Radioshack. These also don't seem to be as loud as the ones I was using. But the 16 foot cord is a little ridiculous. Good price, though, only $15.

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

Sebring

lol I hear ya about the cord. That is a good deal too. Do they have a mic as well?

------------------
    HEY! Who ate my cat?

captpackrat

No mic on it. I didn't need one, since I'll mostly be using it for music, and the laptop has a mic (don't know how good it is yet). I didn't see any that had mics, but I only looked in the audio section, they might have had one around the computer stuff.

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press