strange problem...

Thread: strange problem...

Question strange problem...

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-F610, and I have run into a very strange problem. When the computer is plugged into the wall and has a fully charged battery installed, it runs fine. However, as soon as I unplug it from the wall, the computer suddenly shuts off. I know the battery is fine, because I can run it great without AC, once it SHUTS OFF automatically I can boot it up fine using battery. However, the same problem occurs when I plug the power back in.

Sony could not help me with the problem because I am running 2000 and not Windows ME (Monopoly Edition..heh)...does anyone have any idea?

You may want to check the power management software and see if it has any issues with Win2K....I'd also check to see if the battery leads are properly seated in the notebook.

Those are the first two things I would check. If you have spare batteries...put them in and see if they have the same problem.

Hope this helps...
    Retro-Computing: Not for the faint-of-heart.

This could also be a problem with the DC Card inside. I have seen this problem before and it was a hardware problem. If Sony is such a stickler, you might want to do a reload with the Me just to test. If you can recreate it at that point, then they can't argue with you.

OR

See if it happens within the BIOS. No Opsys issues to be concerned with there and again they can't argue with you.
    -----
    There's always a way around the helpdesk!
    Veni, vidi, quiesco sum.
    "We came, We saw, We lazed around"

Nope, I am pretty sure the problem only happens in 2000. But all I have to do is call Sony and say that it occurs in ME, and they may tell me what to do to fix the problem. What are they going to do...come over to my house and second-check me?

But they may start asking you to do very specific things that may not be the same in W2K. I guess if that happens and they get wise they can always ask for a credit card number to make it a toll-support issue and you can always decide to hang up.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Also you may wish to check the MS Knowledge Base for help. They may have a tech doc for that problem.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010