toshiba

Thread: toshiba

Post toshiba

i need a floopy companion disk for a satalite 480 cdt can any one help? i formatted my hard drive now i can't install of my os of my cd

You'll find just about anything you need for your Toshiba here.
    Toshiba Tech Support Center. Then product=portable, family=Satalite Pro, model=480cdt.

i tried there all they give me is a phone no which doesnt help as i live in the uk i need to be able to download a bootable disk with cdrom support can anybody help im desperate now

if you are trying to install from the recovery cd that comes with the unit, put the cd in the cd-rom drive, turn the unit off, hold down the "c" key and start the unit up while still holding the "c" key down. this should make it boot from the recovery cd. if it is not a recovery cd, just make a boot disk from any win9x machine. it will have cd-rom drivers on it and all the tools you need.

great idea but it doesnt work as this machine has a swappable cd and floppy it needs to be an msdos driver. as the 95 boot disk doesnt find the cdrom it wont load the drivers for it thanks anyway.

you do not need to use the floppy drive on most toshiba notebooks to boot to the recovery cd. just try my suggestion and see if it works. the recovery cd's should be self bootable. holding the c key will tell the unit to try booting from the cd-rom drive first, no drivers needed.

Idont have a recovery cd thats why I need a floppy disk. I tried making a bootable disk with the toscdrom.sys driver on it but it says the device driver toscd001 not found. I dont know what im doing wrong so if and its driving me nuts. so if anyone can help i will be more than gratfull

well then if its a swappable cd and floppy, are you trying to boot off the disk with the cd drivers on it? if so stop it..copy the drivers onto the hard drive and load them from there. If you are trying to load the drivers from floppy and the cd drive ain't hooked up, how are the drivers gonna load a cd drive that is not there?

cracked it works finally thanks for all your help.

kewl...your welcome

Iknow im a pain but I have another question how do i enlarge my screen size? I have loaded a display driver but all I have is a little box in the middle of my screen I also enabled the stretch screen mode in the bios, the first windows picture fills the screen but when windows is fully loaded it goes back to a small box in the centre what am I doing wrong and how do I fix it. forever in your dept.

no problem. just set your monitor type to laptop display pannel 800x600 or higher and set the resolution for anything over 640x480, that should take care of the box.