Screen Colours Funny

Thread: Screen Colours Funny

Question Screen Colours Funny

Got a generic laptop (Pico) which is having some screen colour problems.
    Have not been able to test with a monitor yet but the windows defualt grey colour used in menus etc has horizontal pink stripes that flicker and red / dark red flickers. The other colours seem not to be affected.
    Has anyone else encountered similar problems? Is it screen or mobo related?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

As I say to all users - Shutup & Re-boot

www.djrobjones.com - everything House

if it displays fine to a monitor, then it is probably just the lcd on it. check to make sure the default monitor is a laptop display panel and that the proper video drivers are loaded. I have no idea what the proper video drivers are for that notebook though.

Ok cheers. I am going to try plugging it into the monitor later on. As for the drivers - we have all the ones it needs and they have been working fine for sometime so I kindda ruled them out but if all else fails then I will re-install.

You also may have a bad connector cable - how old is the laptop? You may wish to dis assemple it and check the monitor to mb connection to ensure that it is firm and not broken.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

ok i will give that a go as well

one more thing...and this is for the advanced and daring....if you find that the LCD is in fact going out, prior to shelling out mega-bucks for a new one consider this.
    a laptop is opened/closed hundreds, maybe thousands of times in its life. during that time the connectors along the side of the LCD can work themselves loose. the connectors are arranged in a alternating fashion, much like a zipper. sometimes (i said SOMETIMES!) it is possible to re-seat those connectors by GENTLY squeezing along the edges of the LCD. GENTLY I SAID!!! if you squeeze too hard YOU WILL RUIN THE LCD!!
    this method is to be used ONLY as a last resort before buying a new one. i have saved at least a dozen laptops this way and considering the cost of replacement it may be worth it. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

If all else fails I may try this. He was going to scrap the laptop if the screen is duff.

Cheers for all the help guys

Also as to what I was saying - a VP at the company I work for was all set to replace his laptop - due to lines in the screen - well I sugested we open it up and take a look and the flat data cable from the mb to the lcd was cracked - from opening and closing the laptop over and over - a $25 fix from the manufacturer vs. a new laptop (more than $25). That cable is the #1 cause of screen problems in laptops older than one year, and the first place I look.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

I have checked the cable and it is at fault. Since changing it the laptop works fine