Compaq Presario 1680 Drivers and Utilities

Thread: Compaq Presario 1680 Drivers and Utilities

Angry Compaq Presario 1680 Drivers and Utilities

Need to know which modem driver I need for a Compaq Presario 1680 (I know it's a 56k flex) and where I can get it. I also need to know if there is a utility that will allow me to decrease the sensitivity of the touch pad. I bought the laptop used and I do not have the original software that came with it.

TIA

Exclamation

While I couldn't find an exact match, you might go here for parts breakdown for 1600 Series. It is in .pdf format so you will need Adobe Acrobat to view it.

The modems listed there never says it is for your model number, 1680.

You didn't mention which version of WinDoze you're using. So, you might go here for modem drivers for Win95,...or, here for Win98,...or, here for Win2000.

Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Exclamation

Concerning your Touchpad sensitivity, the following quote was taken from Compaq's Community Forum:

"Here is something that may help you get the feel for the touchpad. In the control Panel open the mouse Icon, click on the TouchPad Tab, then the Enhancements button. There you will see a Goodies button. Open the Pressure Graph. Leave it open and do every day stuff. This graph will tell you how much the touch pad is being used whether you are wanting it or not. You can then set the touch Threshold values to what you need. You can open the Mood Pad and this is where you can know the ranges of the TouchPad and set them accordingly using the Scroll Zone.
    Try reinstalling the Drivers www.synaptics.com "

Hope this helps you out...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

melmo

compaq presario's use lucent modems
    lucent generic modem driver works on almost all compaqs