compaq armada password

Thread: compaq armada password

jc

Red face compaq armada password

I have a compaq armada with a power on password .how can i remove this and enter the bios to disable it .
    i have stripped it down and can see no dipswitches and have tried remove the cmos battery with no luck .

any ideas ??????

Darren Wilson

If you have the Invoice number of the Laptop, phone Compaq and they should then tell you how to get around it.

Thumbs up

Go here for Question: How do I clear the Power On Password if it is not known?

This should get you going once again...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Darren Wilson

Thats dodgy having that on their site. Imagine how you would feel if you had an Armada nicked and this info was readily available for all & sundry on the Manufacturers website!!!!!!! Guess which Laptops I am going to stay away from when I buy one

Good to know though...

jc

Talking

thanks

I'll try it and see and get back to you with results

jc

Cool

Thanks for he help worked a treat . Ended up keyboard controller faulty and person unable to remember correct p/word .replaced k/brd controller and all is fine .

Thanks everyone 4 the help

Unhappy Somebody knows it How can i remove a power on password with Armada 1750 ?

Hi EveryBody,
    My model is Armada 1750 Family 6333/T/4000/D/0/1

I bought on ebay a armada Compaq 1750 with a power on password.
    How can i remove this and enter the bios to disable it ?
    I have stripped it down and can see no dip switches and have tried remove the CMOS battery with NO LUCK.
    ANY IDEAS ?

Hi *Claim-Justice*,

Welcome to WinDrivers!

"Clearing CMOS
    Using F10 Setup to Clear CMOS
    The instructions that follow allow you to clear CMOS and reset the computer to the factory default values.
    1. Access Computer Setup by pressing the F10 key when the Computer Setup (F10 Setup) message appears in the lower-right corner of the screen.
    If you do not press the F10 key while the message is displayed, you must turn the computer off, then on again, to access the utility.
    2. Select File! Set Defaults and Exit.
    All passwords are cleared when CMOS is reset.

Using Power Switch to Clear CMOS
    To clear CMOS when you do not know the password turn on the computer using the power button. After the computer has started, hold the power button depressed for four seconds. The next time the computer is started, the system will overwrite the existing CMOS with the valid CMOS from the factory’s original ROM flash of the system board.
    All settings and passwords from the last good boot will be restored.

Passwords
    Both the power-on and setup passwords are set through Computer Setup (F10 Setup).
    When only the power-on password is used, it is required to access the Computer Setup utility and any other information in the system. When both the power-on and setup passwords are used, only the setup password will give you access to Computer Setup.
    When both passwords are set, the setup password can also be used in place of the poweron password."

Also, there is a System ROMPaq version 686EM_99.1130 A (25 Jan 00)

Hope this helps you out...Good Luck!

i have hp compact i need power on password
    i have took the cmos battery out but no luck i cant see any reset buttons on the laptop either and also when i turn it on on the right hand corner it says press f10 but when i press f10 its not doing anything
    can reply
    [email protected]
    Last edited by canmemati; April 12th, 2005 at 04:22 AM.