video artifact on dell insp 4000 lcd

Thread: video artifact on dell insp 4000 lcd

Exclamation video artifact on dell insp 4000 lcd

I have a dell inspiron 4000 and on the lcd there is a verticle line about 2 1/2 inches from the left. i looks like white and multi colored lines about 1/4 inch in width.. is it possible the machine was not put back together correctly before i got it. or is something major wrong?

thanx in advance.
    You Dumb@$$

You may want to try digging around Dell's support forums. I remember reading there awhile back about an issue like you describe. I believe the cause was related to the keyboard hitting the screen while the lid was down.

Was it like this since you got it? Did is slowly appear? I have an Inspiron 8000 that rarely leaves the house so I don't close the lid very often. I try not to put weight down on the lid when it is closed.
    Indeterminism. There's nothing you can do about it.

If your comfortable with opening it up, check the video connector cable. if its lose, this may be the problem. It may also be an indication that the LCD is defective.

I have seen this same type problem with 2 different Toshiba notebooks (only ones we sold and serviced at the time) and the resolve for both was to replace the LCD.