dongle cable for pcmcia modem

Thread: dongle cable for pcmcia modem

Post dongle cable for pcmcia modem

I have a Gateway Solo laptop computer, and I need to know how to buy the correct replacement dongle cable. Can I use any 15 pin dongle cable for a pcmcia modem, or must I perfectly mate the card with the right cable? Also, what would be a good price and where is the best place to buy one?

Thank you.
    "I see your lips moving but all I hear is 169.blah.blah.blah."

[quote]Originally posted by Ronin:
    <strong>I have a Gateway Solo laptop computer, and I need to know how to buy the correct replacement dongle cable. Can I use any 15 pin dongle cable for a pcmcia modem, or must I perfectly mate the card with the right cable? Also, what would be a good price and where is the best place to buy one?

Thank you.</strong><hr></blockquote> Not a direct answer to your prob, but I have twelve staff members with Solo LTs and have replaced all but two with
    <a href="http://intel.com/network/connectivity/products/mobile_adapters.htm" target="_blank">these</a>

Dongles suck. my $.02

So, if I had one of these instead of the dongle cable, I would gain more options and not have to worry about toting the extra cable? Nice. Thanks for the reply. Very helpful you are.
    "I see your lips moving but all I hear is 169.blah.blah.blah."

Smile

I have used the same dongle on different modems and all seem to work the same.
    Don