[RESOLVED] saved info

Thread: [RESOLVED] saved info

Spazzy

Resolved [RESOLVED] saved info

Before reformatting, I saved some files on a cdrw disk. Now I dont know how to get these files I burned onto this disk BACK only my hard drive.. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

What files? Does Windows read the CD?

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

dlagace

Is burner installed correctly?

------------------
    "What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge dLagace=DANIMAL

Votan

The two earlier questions are to the point. One question comes to my mind, are you trying to read the cd before you installed 98 by chance?

Spazzy

after I formatted, I re-installed windows 98 SE fresh..now I am rdy to put my saved info back on the c drive... hope this helps..

Cable Modem Tech

Once windows is installed...... insert the cdrw disk and goto my computer..... select the drive that is your cdrw drive and open it up........ you will see all your files and folders there that you backed up.......... highlight them and just copy and paste them onto your desktop and then you can move them where ever you want to

CMT

------------------
    With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is
    not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they
    are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them
    as they fly overhead.

Jpbtennisman

Yes, CMT summed it up but also remember to remove the read only attributes on each of the files

ME/2000 will do this to all files if you uncheck the attribute for the folder...

unfortunately you only have 98 so just select a bunch of files and unset the read-only attributes by right clicking, choosing properties, and unchecking Read Only. ::

------------------
    "I don't care if it's called the Crap-tastic 9000! If it's good, I'm getting it." - Me

Mistake #6:
    "If we got a new webmaster, you would get permanently banned and your Word Association post would be closed."

Antec SX840, AMD Athlon 1400@1584 STABLE, Epox 8K7A+, IBM 60GXP 40GB, 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM, Plextor 16x10x40, Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8x8x24 Firewire CD-RW, Maxtor 80GB external Firewire hard drive, ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 32MB DDR, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Realtek NIC (blech), 1394 card, Thermalright Sk6 with Thermaltake 31cfm